The Belgrave Wanderers football club was formed by like-minded men who saw a need for a team to represent men from the Belgrave to Bouet areas of the Island.
The club was formed in the early part of 1897 and played, for their first year, only friendly matches. These were played away from home, against teams like Les Heches, and also at their home pitch, The Banks (Les Banques) opposite Belgrave Bay. This, obviously where they derived their name from.
On the 23 rd August 1898 the GFA admitted Belgraves Wanderers to the 2 nd league division. The first game played was on 15 th October.